Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Still Sore At Night After Tooth Extraction Is This Normal After A Tooth Extraction?

Is this normal after a tooth extraction? - still sore at night after tooth extraction

I had a molar removed 2 days ago. It was not a root canal. The pulp of the tooth abscess.
I went to the emergency room and could not help me (no radiology technicians). So I gave 4.5 Novocaine shots and sent me to a dental emergency. 4.5 I have no plans Novocaine and extract the tooth.
The 1 Day I was in unbearable pain. I had severe pain in the jaw and shooting in my ear. I could not speak, chew, or even to move. Analgesics only worked for 1 or 2 hours.
I held my extraction site monitoring for signs of infection or dry socket. It looks good. Nice is a crust, which it refers.
Last night, after a new analgesic (my step-mother told me), I could sleep for 6 hours! I have not taken) as a pain for 9 hours now (a record for me.
There seems to be a break in the pain of the sniper. But my jaw is very painful. I looked in the mirror and the side of my face is very swollen.
I have, before the teeth had been removed and not nearly as painful and the pain of this kind, but I wonder if tHis is just different. Perhaps it was more painful infected tooth or jaw 10 shots of novocaine?
How much pain is normal after a tooth extraction? How many days should I take this? Is it normal that my jaw visibly swollen?
Thank you!

1 comment:

wantsshy... said...

I think that this pain may be normal, but I would call the dentist who has the extraction. You can better antibiotics and analgesic and anti-needed infamitory

Post a Comment